How our sector efforts eased the burden on communities
RecyclePaperZA releases ready-to-use graphics for designers and retailers to promote recycling RecyclePaperZA, the South African paper recycling association, has produced a set of graphics that just about anyone can apply on paper-based packaging and communication materials. The basic message is short and simple: Recycle this product – whether it be a box, a brochure or a document. […]
The uMfolozi Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College, Fibre Processing and Manufacturing (FP&M) Seta and the Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) open Pulp and Paper Centre of Excellence On Thursday, 31 August 2017 the uMfolozi TVET College, the FP&M Seta and the Paper Manufacturing Association of South Africa hosted the official […]
On July 25th, Mpact opened its liquid packaging recycling plant at the company’s Springs paper mill. The company held an on-site ribbon-cutting ceremony this morning, with Minister Dr. Edna Molewa, the Minister of Environmental Affairs, as well as other national and local government officials in attendance.
Recovered paper fibre has been used in South Africa as a raw material since 1920 and is thus a well-established waste stream. Locally and sustainably produced paper is a renewable resource with recycling featuring as a key component in the lifecycle of many paper products. But how much is actually recovered for reuse by the […]
Community of Springbok is the latest to benefit from recycling training course provided by RecyclePaperZA. Thanks to the combined efforts of the Paper Recycling Association of South Africa (RecyclePaperZA) and local entrepreneur Cecil Barends, the recovery of recyclables is gaining momentum in Springbok, a town situated in the heart of the Northern Cape’s Namaqualand spring-flower […]
Between September 14 and 19, we celebrate Clean-up South Africa and Recycle Week to encourage citizens countrywide to recycle as a means of preventing ‘treasured trash’ from taking up precious space in landfills and extending its usable life as a new product.
The International Council of Forest and Paper Associations (ICFPA) released its policy statement on paper recycling. The statement was approved at the ICFPA’s annual meeting held on May 5th in Washington, D.C.
Think of all the paper products you touch every day – from the cereal box in the morning to your evening newspaper. Don’t just throw them in the rubbish bin! One tonne of recovered paper will save three cubic metres of landfill space so consider the difference you could make by recycling. Keep paper clean, […]
We connect with paper products every day – at home in the kitchen and bathroom; at the office; at the airport. But it is estimated that only 5% of South African households recycle their paper products. So what is the other 95% doing? Unfortunately their paper goes into the refuse bin and off to landfill. […]