The beauty of working with paper is that each creation can be unique. Whether it is for a birthday card, a get well card or a Valentine’s card, making your own cards, can be therapeutic and fun.
Here are five tips to get you started. The rest is all up to you.
- Take a trip to your local stationery shop. Buy some coloured paper and board that preferably carries a mark of certification (FSC, PEFC or SFI). This will assure you that the paper has come through a sustainable process, from the forest to production. (Don’t forget the glue, stamps and stickers)
- You don’t need to spend money either – hunt around the house and gather up old newspapers and magazines.
- Browse the internet for ideas, from origami heart envelopes to paper heart chains.
- Look up your favourite love poem, line from a movie or song. Print or write it out. Maybe you print a photo that means something to the both of you.
- Find a comfortable, quiet spot, sit down with a cup of tea, put on some music…. Revel in this moment and channel your inner artist
Send us a photo of your paper creations to firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @PaperRocks_SA.