The Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) is calling for applications from post-graduate chemical engineering students for its Master of Science (MSc) study programme which facilitates bursaries and scholarships for eligible applicants.
Successful candidates will gain advanced skills during their post-graduate training in fields such as wood science, chemical analysis, separation techniques and material and energy balances. Not only will they have access to an industrial mentor during their studies, but they will be placed in an engineer-in-training programme at one of PAMSA’s member companies.
Applications are welcome from post-graduate chemical engineering students who meet the following requirements:
- BScEng (chemical engineering) candidates interested in enrolling for MScEng studies in fields that satisfy the aims of the pulp, paper and packaging industry.
- A good academic record with a minimum 60% average in the final year of study.
- Applicants must have completed their studies in five years or less.
- Candidates should indicate their areas of interest, for example energy efficiency, renewable energy and biopolymers etc.
- South African citizenship an advantage.
Applications – which should include a full CV and a motivation letter – can be directed to:
Tel: +27 (0) 11 803 5063
Fax: +27 (0) 11 803 6708
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 31 AUGUST 2013.